Thursday 29 October 2015

THE PERFECT METHODS

LIFE IS GOOD FOR ONLY TWO THINGS,  DISCOVERING MATHEMATICS AND TEACHING MATHEMATICS.

My dream is to be a mathematics teacher.  I love mathematics since I was 14 years-old. Before this I hate mathematics just because of my former mathematics teacher. She was strict and I always get scolded by her. Once I move to form 3 which I was going to sit for PMR exam ( public exam ), I started to love mathematics just because of my polite teacher and I impressed the way she taught us. I started to do a lot of exercises.  So, I scored in exam.
                          

MATHEMATICS
As a teacher, I will choose cognitive methods to teach my students which helps them to a better understanding.


According to Howard Gardner identified seven intelligence which students possess different kinds of minds and therefore learn, remember, perform and understand in different ways. Which are :
  1. Logical intelligence: Sudoku, and mind maps.
  2. Visual/spatial intelligence: Reading diagrams and maps, jigsaw puzzles, pictures, videos, charts, graphs, diagrams, and art activities.
  3. Bodily-kinetics intelligence: Touching, teaching Maths through sports, string art.
  4. Naturalistic intelligence: Point out mathematical influences in nature.
  5.  Musical/ rhythmical intelligence: Teaching Math using music.
  6. Interpersonal and interpersonal intelligence: Creating statistic studies about their colleagues’ interests or hobbies, describing something from a numerical point of view.
Musical is one of the intelligence from the seven multiple intelligence which I love to use it. Please take a look at the video below.
d


I believe this method could help kids to remember the multiples. 


Moreover, I always believe in reciprocal teaching which is two way communications.  We as a teacher should give chance to our students to ask questions. So, it makes them to a better understanding. There are 4 learning strategies, which are predicting, clarifying, question generating and summarizing. 


As a teacher, I should not divide the students whether they are slow learner or fast learner. What i can do is to divide the both learners in one group which mix them while dividing them into groups. So, the fast leaner students can help the slow learners. I do not want to be a bias like my teachers in secondary school. I should teach them equally. Mathematics is for all.


MATHEMATICS IS FOR ALL.


MATHS IS A GAME PLAYED ACCORDING TO CERTAIN SIMPLE RULES WITH MEANINGLESS MARKS ON PAPER. – David Hilbert




No comments:

Post a Comment